Guidelines for Authors
The AIMS Journal of Management Sciences invites research articles and case study submissions from registered premium members. If you wish to contribute to the journal, please follow these guidelines for submission and preparation.
First, initiate contact with the managing editor of the journal with a short 100 word or less description of your proposed topic and timeline for submitting a first draft. Be sure to check the Call for Papers topic editorial schedule.
1. A complete manuscript written according to the Guidelines for Authors (see below)
2. An anonymous copy of the same manuscript that begins with the abstract and removes any author information (for the peer review process)
3. A cover letter that includes the following elements:
(a) Name of the contact person for communication regarding the manuscript
(b) Address of the contact person
(c) Email address of the contact person
(d) A statement indicating that APA ethical standards have been observed in conducting the research
4. Generally, manuscripts should not exceed 8-10 pages total, excluding all references, tables, and figures.
5. The Word document must be simply formatted using only the built in “Styles”, select “Style Set” Default (Black & White) from the “Change Styles” option on the “Home” ribbon. All tables and figures should be in uncluttered gray-scale (the journal is not physically printed in color).
6. The manuscript must follow the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed; APA, 2010), available from APA Order Department, PO Box 92984, Washington, DC 20009-2984 (http://www.apastyle.org/).
7. Include an abstract of no more than 40 words.
8. The title page of the manuscript should include the names of each author, followed by a paragraph that repeats the names of authors and gives the institutional affiliation of each.
9. Authors are encouraged to reduce bias in language against persons on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic group, disability, or age by referring to the guidelines in the APA Publication Manual (6th ed).
10. Article titles and headings within the article should be as short as possible.
11. Do not use footnotes.
12. Check all references for completeness and agreement between text and final list; adequate information should be given to allow the reader to retrieve the referenced material from the most available source.
13. Authors should not submit more than three tables and two figures with each manuscript. Include only essential data and combine tables wherever possible.
14. Figures (graphs, illustrations, line drawings) should be checked for possible duplication of information in text or tabular presentation. Figures should be submitted as clean as possible with fonts no smaller than 8 points.
15. Lengthy quotations (single text extracts greater than 100 word or a series of text extracts greater than 300 words) require written permission from the copyright holder for reproduction. Adaptation of tables and figures also requires reproduction approval from the copyright source. It is the author’s responsibility to secure such permission, and a copy of the publisher’s written permission must be provided to the journal editor immediately upon acceptance of the article for publication by AIMS. AIMS preference is not to include other author’s works in your submittals.
16. Never submit material for concurrent consideration by another periodical.
17. Manuscripts not meeting these minimum Guidelines for Authors will be returned to the corresponding author for modification and resubmission before the manuscript is registered and distributed to members for review.
18. Upon acceptance for publication, additional documents (i.e., copyright and author information forms) will be required.